We are busy living a life that will form part of world history! Let that sink in for a moment…
The Coronavirus, also known as Covid-19, has made a sudden entrance, effecting everybody’s life worldwide. Suddenly, hugs and kisses became weapons, and not visiting grandparents and loved ones became an act of love. We realize that money is not everything, people are the most valuable asset in the world and that taking care of ourselves should be priority number one.
It is in times of crisis such as these that we truly get the opportunity to become a better person, a better neighbour (even at a distance). Utilise this time to re-access, take a good look at yourself and your life. Invest time in yourself, become that person that you always wanted to be. Spend quality time and reconnect with friends and family. Take a break from the busy life, relax, replenish and grow from within, learn some new skills, expand your knowledge and make your future-self proud.
Now that the philosophical, self-care part is covered, let’s move on over to how you can keep yourself and your car clean to help prevent the spread of this the Coronavirus.
Firstly, stay at home as much as you can, maintain social distancing, wash your hands frequently, cover your cough, avoid touching your face and stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak via the WHO website and through your national and local public health authority. Additionally, try to boost your immune system and maintain a healthy lifestyle. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance (follow the directions of your local health authority).
How can I keep my car clean to reduce the risk of the Coronavirus?
The virus can spread quickly in a contained space like the interior of a vehicle. When it comes to taking important shopping trips etc. we need to take steps and do everything we can from our side to reduce the risk of contracting the virus while driving.
1) Before you begin each trip, spend at least 20 seconds to wash your hands thoroughly.
2) It is highly recommended to keep hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes with you. Wherever your hands come in contact with another surface, you should wipe it clean.
3) Take a cloth and spray a bit of disinfectant spray on the cloth and wipe the interior – especially those high touch surfaces. You can also use good old soap and water to clean the interior, but remember to wipe surfaces down after you’re done cleaning them as cleansers shouldn’t be left to linger on your interior materials. Avoid strong chemicals and rubbing too hard as this will damage the interior. Make-up remover wipes are also a great solution, especially for the leather bits.
4) When at the grocery shop, maintain social distancing, wipe down the grocery carts. Avoid touching your face, phone, and other frequently touched surfaces.
5) When you are done shopping, clean your hands as soon as possible. Use hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes before you get into your vehicle. Wash or wipe down the products as best as you can after you get home.
6) Vacuum and disinfect your vehicle regularly to minimise infections and dirt.
Limiting your trips to essential tasks only is the most effective method of ensuring you won’t contract the Coronavirus or spread it to others, but there are a few things you should consider when you will be parking your vehicle for longer than usual.
Try to drive with your vehicle at least once a week to keep the battery charged even if it’s just around the block. Alternatively, idling your vehicle is better than nothing but driving it is the best way to recharge, this will also prevent the engine and other mechanicals from drying out, and should also help avoid flat spots in tyres.
Staying in saves lives but Ford also understands that it can be challenging for families stuck indoors with small children during lockdown, the struggle is real! That is why Ford has launched the Family Fun Hub, with amazing ideas on how to keep your kids entertained during the stay-at-home period.
“The downloadable Kids Activity Book is designed to offer a few creative and brain-twisting distractions to keep your littlies out of your hair for a while. Whether it’s keeping little ones entertained or finding something different to do rather than watch another TV boxset, we all need a bit of help to get through this. We’ll regularly update this site with creative activities, brain-teasing quizzes and other fun stuff to do our little bit to keep you going.” – http://www.fordfamilyfunhub.com/
Words: Chamoney Berrange’